Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Arriving home

Kellen was welcomed home by lots of friends and family.  Although I said in my last post that he has been held less by me, you will see that there have been several other willing arms!  We have been so overcome with gratitude for those of you who have helped us soooo much.  We had meals brought in for a week and a half and they were all so delicious.  It was just nice to have people stop by and visit since we didn't go out for a couple of weeks.  I had lots of help with the older boys too.  Lots of friends and family took them so I could get some things done at home or get a nap!  It was a good reminder for me of how important it is to serve others and look for their needs.  I am still amazed at the things that were rendered on our behalf. 

Little Kellen is happy as can be with his fingers to suck on.  In the ultrasound pictures he was sucking on his fingers and he still does every now and then. I'm not sure whether I want a finger/thumb sucker or not.  None of my other boys have even attempted this.

 Debbie and my dad came to see Kellen right away and took the boys for me a couple of times.  They are always looking out for us and the boys love them so much.  Kyler even got to go to town with Grandpa and pick a new red bouncy ball and a pack of new superhero underwear!!  Every little boy's dream!


 My sister-in-law Julie was headed to Powell to ref a volleyball game and came over to Burlington to see her new nephew.  She came bearing lots of gifts for everyone and it was so fun to see her for a little bit.

 Grandma and Grandpa Winters stopped by to see their 19th grandchild and 16th grandson.  Luckily they know how to handle all those little boys and will have lots for them to do on the farm when they're older.

 When others weren't here, Grant made sure to get his turn holding his littlest brother. 

 My friend Alicia came from Rexburg with her kids to visit a couple weeks after Kellen was born and we got to spend an afternoon together.  The kids had a fun time playing and we wish they still lived here.

My brother Zach and my neice Isabel came to see Kellen and while they were here Isabel entertained the whole tribe.  They broke out all of the costumes and had a blast playing with her.  

2 comments: